Terms and condition
Terms & Conditions
Motiminds.com is a web platform for Motivated Minds Ghana
(Subject to your compliance with the Terms and Conditions set forth below).
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this Web Site.
Motiminds.com Is a Ghanaian website. All the Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the use of the site and any material from the site, including Non-contractual disputes or claims shall be interpreted and administered in accordance with the laws of Ghana. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Website Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Please take your time to read all the points listed below. In an event where you are unable to read the full terms, these points serve as a summary to the detailed terms and conditions.
1. Motiminds.com is a site that seeks to unveil talents and is opened to all ages. Meanwhile, it is advised that accounts for “minors” (people below the age of 18) should be created for and managed by adults.
2. We do not encourage and or support Negative manners, words and conducts such as pornography, nudity, prostitution, insults, racism, human abuse, terrorism, and all acts that stand again peace and justice. We therefore encourage all users to alert us and or report any instance or act the suspect to fall in line with any of these for immediate action to be taken on it.
3. The site is supposed to promote positive behavior and attitude. We endeavor to ensure that photos, videos texts and other material posted are positive, not offensive and beneficial to all users. Notwithstanding this, we cannot assure all users of this safety.
1. Motiminds.com does not accept responsibility for your posts, comments and usage of materials on our site. We do not accept responsibility for the use of any content that actually belongs to someone else. Should the original owner get annoyed (or even call in their lawyers), we are not in the firing line. You have to take responsibility for what you post.
4. Motiminds.com collects your personal information and data whiles you register on our site. We wish to state emphatically that, unless required by law or law enforcers, we do not share any information collected from our users with any other party for any reason. On the other hand, users have the option of making certain information open to the public. Such information may include videos, music, photos and other text and which may be educational materials that you upload and use on the site.
5. We do not accept any responsibility for the use of these materials on other sites on this site by another person you might have shared those contents with. Please alert or report such instances to the admin for assistance only
6. MARKET PLACE: Motiminds.com has a section for sales of items and services called Market place. We are only using this platform to foster trade between users. We do not collect monies on behalf of buyers and do not sell for sellers. Please deal only with people you know and trust. We advice that all businesses be conducted in a free and fair manner and must be conducted in an open place and under a conducive environment. Should any of our users have any issue arising out of market place, please contact admin for assistance.
7. MUSIC: Motiminds.comi has a plugin that allows users to share music with their friends and the public. This plugin is meant to help users with musical talent to showcase their talent to others. Motiminds.com is dissociated from all copyright suits arising from the posting of any music that goes against copyright laws. The user or poster will have to face the law themselves.
8. VIDEOS: Motiminds.com’s Video plugin is meant to help users to post short videos of their performances , promos, adverts, and other messages to their friends, and colleges or partners. This section must never be abused. Private videos of other people cannot be posed here without the prior approval of the original owner. Motiminds.com will hand over all details “we may have” of any user who abuses this plugin by posting the private videos and photos of other people to the police or any authority in charge of investigating such cases.
9. GROUPS: we encourage the formation of groups that promote educational discussion and other activities that enhance productivity amount the youth and all users.
10. Motiminds.com reserves the right to ban, delete or remove any user who goes against any of our laid down principles and guidelines for the use of the site(www.Motiminds.com).
The full legal bit
Motiminds.com is a social media website equipped with an app designed as a platform helping you people to have discussions and to share photos, news and information. It is intended to be a fun discover themselves through Talents and capture the opportunities available on the web.
It serves as a place on the web where users can meets and interact with others and share talents, discover each other, make new firneds, share ideas and learn.
We wish to make Motiminds.com a safe and friendly environment so you agree that you will only use Motiminds.com in a manner consistent with its purpose and which is in accordance with these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
The Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you as user (“you”) and Motiminds.com Empire, a ghanaian company whose registered office is DK 10 Odorkor Accra(“we” or “us”) of www.Motiminds.com (together with affiliated websites and applications, “Motiminds.com”).
The Terms apply whenever you visit Motiminds.com, whether or not you have chosen to register with us, so please read them carefully. By accessing, using, registering for or receiving services offered on Motiminds.com (the “Services”) you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS THEN YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE APP OR SITE.
1. Use of the app and site and rules relating to content
Who can use Motiminds.com?
Motiminds.com is a site that seeks to unveil talents and is opened to all ages. Meanwhile, it is advised that accounts for “minors” (people below the age of 18) should be created for and managed by adults You warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by the Terms and that by using Motiminds.com you will not be violating any law or regulation of the country in which you are resident. You are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
You further warrant that you have not been convicted of, nor are subject to any court order relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
What kind of content can I post on Motiminds.com?
You are permitted to post all kinds personal of photos, videos, music, and other educative materials on Motiminds.com, including photographs, messages and other content (“Content”).
There are some rules about what is acceptable though, so when you are using Motiminds.com you may not post or send any Content which:
1. contains expletives or language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
2. is obscene, pornographic or otherwise may offend human dignity;
3. is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
4. encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
5. is defamatory;
6. relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
7. involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
8. contains any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Motiminds.com or otherwise;
9. itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights); or
10. shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent.
Please use your common sense when picking the Content that you choose to post on or send via Motiminds.com because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content.
rules relating to personal information
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile page (“Profile”) whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances. We recommend you follow our Guidelines and Safety Tips when doing so.
Use of other people’s personal information
You may only use other Motiminds.com user’s personal information to the extent that your use of it matches Motiminds.com’s purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other users' information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. Motiminds.com reserves the right to terminate your account if you misuse other users' information.
Disclosure and sharing of login details
Only you are authorised to access your account with Motiminds.com. You must not share your login details with anyone or let anyone else access your account as this jeopardizes the security of all of the Content and personal information that you have submitted to Motiminds.com. You are responsible for keeping your login details secret and secure. If you don’t, Motiminds.com is not liable for any unauthorized access to your account. If you suspect that someone has gained access to your account, you must let us know immediately by contacting Admin and telling us of your suspicions or concerns. You must also immediately change your login details. Motiminds.com reserves the right to terminate your account if you violate our rules on keeping your login details secure.
Who can see the Content that I put on Motiminds.com?
When you upload Content to Motiminds.com it can be accessed and viewed by the general public. If you do not want such Content to be viewed by others, then you can opt to use the private folders and select the person to whom you wish to give access. If you still do not want such Content to be viewed by others, then you should not upload it to Motiminds.com. If you decide to share your voting results (on other Motiminds.com users, or yourself) on other social networks, those social network users will be able to see these results. You can turn off this results sharing in your settings at any time. Remember to check those social networks’ terms and conditions to check you are happy with them. We reserve the right (without obligation) at our sole discretion and without giving you notice, to remove or edit, limit or block access to any Content that you upload or submit to Motiminds.com without any incurring liability to you. We have no obligation to display any Content that you submit to Motiminds.com, nor to check the accuracy or truthfulness of any Content submitted to Motiminds.com, nor to monitor your use or the use of other users of Motiminds.com.
2. Ownership of Content
You are the rightful owner of all materials you upload and post on Motiminds.com — please see our other rules regarding posting Content that doesn’t belong to you).
Please note though that by posting or sending Content on Motiminds.com you represent and warrant to us that you have the right to do so, and automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use such Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-licence the above licence to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
By submitting Content to Motiminds.com you are warranting that you are the exclusive author and owner of that Content and you agree that you waive any and all moral rights relating to that Content (including, without limitation, the right to be identified as the author).
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you to our app or site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy or any other law.
Who does the rest of the Content on Motiminds.com belong to then?
Us! All text, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds and artwork on Motiminds.com are owned, controlled or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights.
Can I use any of the Content that doesn’t belong to me?
Other than in relation to Content submitted by you to Motiminds.com, you do not have any rights in relation to the Content on Motiminds.com and you agree that you will not use any Content in any manner which may infringe any third party’s rights. Without limitation to the foregoing, this means that you agree that you will not copy, modify, adapt, distribute, publish or sell all or any part of the Motiminds.com site or the Content contained on it (other than the Content submitted by you) to anyone else.
3. Paid for Services
What can I buy on Motiminds.com?
Motiminds.com offers you the opportunity to pay for certain services offered on the site. Motiminds.com’s premium services include various opportunities which include maximum use of the site’s features such as ads, and other plugins, opportunity to meet more people, to customize your profile and to boost your profile so more people find you. Motiminds.com also offers the ability to play various games on the site. All of these premium services can be purchased after you register, and you may subscribe to the premium services for various lengths of time. Once you have paid for any premium services, they are non-refundable. You can change your Auto Top-up at anytime in your payment settings on your profile page. The pricing may vary due to a number of factors, such as (but not limited to) promotional offers, loyalty bonuses and other discounts that might apply to your age group.
Renewal of premium services with Motiminds.com
Once you have requested a Motiminds.com premium service, you authorise Motiminds.com to charge your chosen payment method. If you want to cancel or change your payment method at any time, you can do so either via the payment settings option under your profile or by contacting your mobile service provider. If your chosen payment method is via your mobile service provider, then please check with them about their payment terms, as their payment terms will govern how payments to Motiminds.com are made as well as how such payments may be changed or cancelled. Your subscription to Motiminds.com’s premium services will automatically renew until you decide to cancel, and if you have enabled the auto top-up feature, your account will automatically be topped up until you decide to disable this feature.
Transfer of paid for services or credits to another Motiminds.com user
If you elect to partake in any of the games, premium features or range of services designed to improve your Motiminds.com user experience, you agree to use these services for yourself and not to transfer (for free or as a sale) to or purchase, or sell such services from other Motiminds.com users. Motiminds.com reserves the right not to honour any paid for services where you have attempted to transfer those services to another use or you have attempted to buy those services from another user. Motiminds.com will only provide paid for services to you if you are the person to whom it was issued.
Credits Life time (Duration)
Originally, credit is supposed to last for 6 months. Meanwhile we may rollover credit for you depending on your presence and activeness on our site. If you delete your account or if your account is terminated by us due to a breach of these Terms, you will lose any accumulated credits. If you receive free or promotional credits, we may expire them at any time. Credits are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us unless we agree otherwise in writing.
Please refer to the Service Conditions on your ‘top-up’ page for further details relating to your payments.
4. Access to the app and site
Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that Motiminds.com will be up and running on the web all the time. This is because sometimes we have to carry out maintenance to the app or site or they may be affected by a fault or circumstances which are outside our control, so Motiminds.com is provided on an “as is” basis. No warranty is given about the quality, accuracy, functionality, availability or performance of Motiminds.com and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, amend, modify or vary the service provided on Motiminds.com without notice and without incurring any liability to you.
You are responsible for making all the necessary arrangements to ensure you can access Motiminds.com (including, but not limited to Internet provider and mobile internet provider fees and, any other charges associated with such access). We shall not be held responsible for any reduced functionality you may encounter as result of or in connection with accessing Motiminds.com through mobile services or any similar service currently known or developed in the future.
By accessing Motiminds.com or agreeing to receive messages or notifications from Motiminds.com through your mobile phone and/or any other connected media device, you accept that you may incur charges from your internet or mobile service provider. We shall not under any circumstances be liable for such charges.
Unregistered users - Level of access
Non-registered users are able to access only that portion of Motiminds.com that is publicly available. They will not have a Profile or the ability to upload any Content. The extent of registered users’ access to Motiminds.com will depend on certain criteria relating to their Profile being met. We may change or update the criteria from time to time without prior notice and at our discretion.
5. Termination of use by us
Why has my Profile disappeared?
Sometimes people forget about the Terms and post Content or act in a way while on Motiminds.com which is not consistent with the purpose of the app or site. If we think that you may be one of those people, then we reserve the right at our sole discretion, at any time and without liability or the need to give you prior notice or to refund any unused services to:
1. suspend or revoke your registration (where applicable) and your right to access and/or use Motiminds.com or submit any Content to Motiminds.com; and
2. make use of any operational, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses).
We will try (but we are not obliged) to notify you if your access to Motiminds.com and/or your Profile is to be or has been suspended or terminated.
6. Termination of use by you
They say that you can have too much of a good thing… what do I do if I want to “unregister” myself from Motiminds.com?
Content that you have uploaded to Motiminds.com, other than your Profile (such as comments or email messages), may still appear on Motiminds.com following termination of your registration.
Someone is not obeying the Terms, who do I tell?
You can report any abuse or complain about Content on Motiminds.com by contacting admin, outlining the abuse and or complaint. You can also report a user directly from a profile, by clicking the ‘Report profile’ link on their profile, choosing the reason for the complaint and providing us with any additional information you think fit.
We will always try our best to help resolve any issue that you may encounter with our service. If your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, however, you may be eligible to use the European Commission’s Online dispute resolution platform here.
Do you have guidelines in place about what you can do with my personal data?
Are the links on the app or site anything to do with Motiminds.com?
Please note that we have no control over the contents of any third party sites or resources, and we accept no responsibility for them, including (but not limited to) the third party site’s compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
10. Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
I forgot the rules about conduct on here and now someone is threatening to sue me. Will your lawyers sort it out?
No. If you act in a way that upsets other users then you have to be responsible for the consequences. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for your conduct or the conduct of any other user of Motiminds.com, and expressly disclaim any liability for Content uploaded by you or by any other user.
My friend is a lawyer and says that you can’t exclude liability for everything…
Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
1. death or personal injury caused by our proven negligence; or
2. any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Motiminds.com expressly excludes:
1. all conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
2. any liability incurred by you arising from use of Motiminds.com, its services or these terms and conditions, including without limitation for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (however arising including negligence), loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, wasted management or office time, breach of contract or claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character, even if Motiminds.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of Motiminds.com. This limitation on liability applies to, but is not limited to, the transmission of any disabling device or virus that may infect your equipment, failure or mechanical or electrical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, bodily injury (other than caused by our negligence), property damage, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any act of god in connection with Motiminds.com including, without limitation, any liability for loss of revenue or income, loss of profits or contracts, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, loss of data, wasted management or office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
I forgot the rules about conduct on here and now someone is threatening to sue YOU. What now?
If we are sued as a result of your use of Motiminds.com then we have the right to defend or settle the relevant claim as we see fit. If we ask, you will co-operate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and licensors from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable solicitor’s fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with, your access to and use of Motiminds.com, the uploading or submission of Content to Motiminds.com by you or your conduct, other than in accordance with the Terms or any applicable law or regulation (“Claim”). Motiminds.com retains the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all Claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent.
What about all of those standard clauses that you see at the end of most contracts? They’re the best bit!
As you asked so nicely…
Motiminds.com has taken reasonable steps to ensure the currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on Motiminds.com and provides that information on an "as is", "as available" basis. Motiminds.com does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on Motiminds.com, whether express or implied. Use of Motiminds.com and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. Motiminds.com cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate Content posted by users. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from Motiminds.com is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that Motiminds.com will not be provided uninterrupted or error free, that defects may not be corrected or that Motiminds.com, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horses or any similar malicious software. Motiminds.com is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
We reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the effective date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of any Change. You should regularly check this page to take notice of any Changes.
If you do not accept any Change to the Terms, you should stop using Motiminds.com immediately. Your continued use of Motiminds.com following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms.
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The Terms set out the entire agreement and understanding between us and you in relation to your use of Motiminds.com and supersedes all previous agreements, representations and arrangements between us (either oral or written). Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
No failure or delay by us in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of that right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
Nothing in the Terms shall confer or purport to confer on any other third party, any benefit or the right to enforce any term of the Terms and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to the Terms.
www.Motiminds.com is an app and site owned and operated by Motiminds.com Empire.
We are registered in Ghana under company number 000000000.
Our registered office is at DK1o Odorkor, Accra Ghana .
The Terms were last updated on: 02 December 2016.